Fried Plantains (Platanos)
I LOVE fried plantains. They’re quick, cheap, easy to make, and healthy. They’re one of our family’s staple foods and are on there menu at least once a week. Here’s my platano recipe!
Prep Time: 10mins
Cook Time: 20mins
4 Green Plantains
1/4 cup of extra virgin coconut oil
Salt to taste
What you’ll need:
Plantain smasher or two plates
I use coconut oil in my cooking but you can sub for virgin olive oil if you’re not a fan of it’s flavor.
I love Carrington Farms EVCO.
1. Peel and cut plantains into roughly one inch chunks.
2. Pour oil into pan and heat on medium.
3. Fry roughly 3 minutes per side until golden brown
4. Using your plantain smasher or two plates squash plantains into tostones.
5. Fry again on each side for roughly 2-3 minutes until golden brown
6. Place in a bowl and sprinkle your favorite salt
7. Buen Provecho!